QUILT CHALLENGE: MASQUERADE
Create your interpretation in a piece that is:
Any shape, but the combined total of all sides of the quilt cannot be less than 72 inches or more than 160 inches. inches (for example, an 18” X 18” quilt equals 72”; a 40” X 40” quilt equals 160”). A round quilt cannot have a diameter greater than 40 inches.
The Challenge quilts will be judged on:
- Appropriateness to theme
- Use of Color
The decision of the judge(s) will be final. Cash prizes will be awarded:
1st place - $250.00
2nd place - $150.00
3rd place - $75.00.
People’s Choice - Ribbon
GUIDELINES FOR QUILT CHALLENGE ENTRY
The design of your quilt may be original, traditional or a combination of old and new. If the design is based on another design you have seen, please acknowledge the original quilt maker.
- Your quilt must consist of top, batting, and backing. It must be fastened together with machine quilting, hand quilting, or ties.
- Your quilt may be pieced and/or appliquéd, and embellished in any way.
- The quilt can be of any shape, but the combined total of all sides of the quilt cannot be less than 72 inches nor more than 160
- Hanging sleeve is required
- You may use any fabric(s) of your choice. The choices should reflect the theme of the Challenge.
- Items must have a CLOTH LABEL with a minimum of the quilter’s name, city, state and title of the entry and must be firmly attached to the back of the quilt (paper label is not acceptable).
- Challenge quilts will be judged on appropriateness to theme, workmanship, creativity, design and use of color. The decision of the judge(s) will be final.